August 24, 2010

Lately

Well, I'm obviously behind. So, to catch you up on what we have tried lately.
Week before last I made this Apple Crisp thing. I cooked it in the slow cooker. Chopped up apples, then added the "crust". Then slow cooked it for 2 hours. It was okay, just not what Michael and I were expecting I guess you could say. We were hoping that the crust would be more crunchy. Oh well.
Last week we tried a taco bake thing. It reminded me an awful lot of the frito pie. Basically, we put some meat, salsa, and mayonaise together. Then put that in a pan, put cheese over that, then crunched up some tortilla chips and topped it with cheese. put it in the oven and let it bake.
It was really good. Just not a let over meal. So, we basically need to learn how to make smaller servings. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment